NWoD OpenWorld Pen and Paper Game
Welcome to NWoD Open World RPG sign up Today
Welcome to NWoD Open World RPG sign up Today
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best open world, free roaming, pen and paper NWoD game around. Combining the templates from all the NWoD games into one large ever-changing world

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released Empty
PostSubject: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 3:00 am

The god machine chronicle, i have a pdf that simply has ALL rules revisions, ill be handing out, read through it and post comments, im down for using new rule IF they make the game better and dont bog down the game

so leave comments once you get the PDF ( i also have the GMC pdf)
Back to top Go down
https://nwod.rpg-board.net
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 4:00 am

First impressions, i liek alot of the rules, dislike alot as well

Exp has been changed, shit costs less now looking on the forums, 5 dots in powers could cost 5xp( this is from the books writer)

Apparently over the next year the major game lines are all getting rewrote core rule books with vampire coming first early 2014 i think

example rule changes
all weapons do lethal ( i agree and intended to hack this anyway)
attacking is simply at+skill with damge being successes plus weapon rating

Defense lower of wits and dex + athletics
this is dont like take my npc Damon he would have a base 7 defense, making him untouchable to damn near any non elder( taking the no weapon rating to attack)

i dont get he concept, lower attack pools and increase DEF

i think from reading they want death to happen less( there is alot of rules to avoid death, liek surrendering etc) as well as increase willpower spending as they included more ways to get willpower back
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:30 am

yaaay..also there are new kindred rules..i have the free pdf to send out..these rules so far i like, it adds power to one of the weakest templates...ok so 2 books not alot not full pdfs nwod rules bout 50 pages, vampire is less

get use to them, read it, post thoughts, we will make gradual changes

It isnt complete rules

ie

Disciplines are only there in the 1 and 2 dot ( so we will be keeping the disciplines as is, i am dding some of the stuf like kindred take bashing damage from weapons(unless its massive physical harm like losing a limb or getting hit by a mac truck)

so read em

Last edited by Storyteller on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:35 am

NEW EXPERIENCE SYSTEM

I liek it, i am using it, less xp overall shit costs way les ie

attribute 4xp per dot..no multiplication anymore

YOU HAVE TILL NEXT GAME TO SPEND ALL YOUR XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as of tuesday everyone has 0xp

EDIT-
if you have downtime training xp pending add up the total xp you have accumulated in your training, and tell me that number, based on it ill give you XP useable on w/e u like

Ill stil have off day posts and training but will be with beats from the book or something, ill figure it out

Last edited by Storyteller on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot about DT training)
Back to top Go down
rancorius

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:11 pm

so the 4 dot max at character generation is gone? and the cache items look cool as it gives a hunter a mobility for their items
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 pm

rancorius wrote:
so the 4 dot max at character generation is gone? and the cache items look cool as it gives a hunter a mobility for their items  
creation house rules remain for now
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:29 pm

they changed so much its crazy, the vampire rules, are epicly done im happy for all, specially the boost to phys disciplines, and i assume the other disciplines will be much better bringing kindred on par with the later templates
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:30 pm

they changed so much its crazy, the vampire rules, are epicly done im happy for all, specially the boost to phys disciplines, and i assume the other disciplines will be much better bringing kindred on par with the later templates

the new system for physical discipliens will go in effect immediatly, replacing my house rules
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:31 pm

also new system, removes multiple attacks in a round, i agree with this personally, instead they normally have something that adds a few extra damage instead

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Experience Costs

Attribute: 4 Experiences per dot
Merit: 1 Experience per dot
Skill Specialty: 1 Experience
Skill: 2 Experiences per dot
Clan Discipline: 3 Experiences per dot
Out-of-Clan Discipline: 4 Experiences per dot
Humanity: 2 Experiences per dot
Blood Potency: 5 Experiences per dot
Devotions:
Devotions each have an associated Experience cost. Usually, this cost is equal to the total number of dots invested in the Devotion. Sometimes, this deviates up or down by one Experience. Highly specialized Devotions cost one Experience less. Wildly versatile ones cost one more. A character may develop any Devotion to which she possesses the prerequisite dots, unless that Devotion is tied to bloodline membership.

From teh game creator
Back to top Go down
heavykeep

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:11 pm

So far to me the rules seem ok. I agree i dont really like how the defense and attack are gonna be, and the new ways to regain wilpower. It sounds like it will be easeir to avoid death and there for the challenge of the game less enjoyable. I do like the exp being switched to beats and the expenditure being simplified.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:08 pm

heavykeep wrote:
So far to me the rules seem ok. I agree i dont really like how the defense and attack are gonna be, and the new ways to regain wilpower. It sounds like it will be easeir to avoid death and there for the challenge of the game less enjoyable. I do like the exp being switched to beats and the expenditure being simplified.
even with high defense death will be easier with new system, cause weapon damage is automatic..IE

i have 7 pool firearms, you have 5 dfense, i roll my 2 dice, get 2 success..awesome, im firing with a shotgun that has base 4 damage..bam 6 damage, once you add willpower, or use supernatural power blood essence, gifts disciplines, it can get crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released   SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released Empty

Back to top Go down

SO theres been a new NWOD rulebook released
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NWoD OpenWorld Pen and Paper Game :: Sign Up to Play NWoD Open World Pen and Paper :: Announcements from the Admins-
Jump to: